Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Catholic Defender Speaks To Groups

What a wonderful opportunity to speak before a small group of strong Catholics this past Friday night.

I am so thankful that my wife, Gigi was able to participate in the event.

My wife and I have had many times worked together in the medical field helping those who were sick.

I worked in the Emergency Room at the Blanchfield Army Hospital located at Fort Campbell Kentucky.

My Wife worked there as a Registered Nurse and many times we worked together. 

That was a great blessing as I felt that we have always worked well as a team!

The past few days I have been on break from last semester's grueling schedule.  What an awesome time I have had in visiting my Wife who is working in Colorado as a Travel Nurse.   Like many families today, we are trying to liquidate our debt.

During my time in the Military, I was on several post/Division Championship Softball Teams.  Gigi would always ensure I had the best equipment to play.  I'll always treasure those days.

In this picture I am in the middle with a dark cutoff tee-shirt.

Gigi would bring out a cowbell and that was great, we always knew from the stands when we hit a homerun, scored, made great defensive days.

On cold nights Gigi would bring out her Alabama blanket she would gladly share with the Hospital Commander.  Yes, those were great times.

When we were serving in New Orleans, I was the chief RCIA Instructor for the Catholic Community on the Navy Post, Belle Chasse.  Our little Parish was graced to have the Bishop of the Archdiocese of the Military come to conduct Confirmation for my class.  What an honor this was.  Gigi would participate singing at some of our functions using her autoharp. 

Gigi can sing and play several instruments.  I can barely play a button with these modern day gadgets today? This is a case of opposites attracting each other because I am not noted for my singing, even though I love to sing. 

Last night, it was a great blessing to have Gigi being able to join me for an informal talk I gave at St. Ignatius Catholic Church.  It sure felt like the good old days.

I wanted to stress on the importance of Eucharistic Adoration in their Parish as they have a great opportunity to do so. 

What a blessing to learn that some of them were going to the Church at 5;00 in the morning to offer time with our Lord.  That is very powerful.  I gave example of various Eucharistic Miracles and how important it is for Catholics to dig deep into the truth of the Eucharist.

I also gave several examples of how important it is to strengthen ourselves in the truths of our holy Faith. 

There was a great response in interest to what we talked about.  It is so great to hear and listen to faithful Catholics and their stories.

That is a good reason to go where Jesus is calling us to go.  It matters not if we are speaking before a large crowd or a small group.  What matters is that God's word is proclaimed and that we build strong faith.

It says in Ephesians 2:19-22 states, "So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."

Those prophets who speak the Word of God must stand on the foundation of the Apostles, if a prophet were to go on their own and reject the Apostolic Tradition, they become a "false prophet".

The Popes are calling for the "Springtime of Evangelization, and we are called to hold fast to the traditions given to us by the Apostles by oral word (Sacred Tradition) or written letter (Sacred Scripture).  This is our calling, and I am so thankful for my Wife, Gigi who is God's greatest gift to me.



Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment