Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tonight on Deepertruth: Sammy Blaze

Deepertruth (John and Don)  hosts Sammy Blaze - Saturday, 13 April, live on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/deeper-truth/2013/04/13/deepertruth-presents-sammy-blaze

Bio
Rap is an art of verbal expression. Born and raised Catholic, I gave my life to the service of Christ in 2001 at a retreat.

I began freestyling and performing at youth events and retreats at age 17, mostly as a joke. But since I'd always grown up accustomed to hip hop culture, I decided to write as a hobby.

About a year later, I joined Phatmass in the fall of 2003 and the dream began... The incredible journey through self-examination, questioning everything I had once just accepted, finding my individuality, and the never ending search for the Truth, has led me to this point now...

I strive to make music that reflects life and humanity in all aspects and relates universally to people of all walks of life. The joy, the pain, the struggle, all that is real, all that is within me all that I experience goes into my music, it is the window to my heart, mind and soul.

I hope to create a fusion of musical styles and lyricism, philosophical and theological thought,and all the cultures that effect me, all the while grounded and inspired by the beautiful Catholic Faith.

I speak of all that I am, I am Catholic, So I speak Catholic.

I hope to be apart of an inspired movement of Catholic artists that invade all genres and aspects of art, culture, and media in an effort to reclaim the world for the Greater Glory of God.

All things are possible....

 Influences
My Creator, Sustainer and Savior: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, The Holy Catholic Church, Blessed Virgin Mary, JPII, The Eucharist, Divine Mercy, Reconciliation, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Caesar Chavez, The Fransciscan Friars for the Renewal, The Phatmass/Aftermass family, Catholic Social Teaching, Existentialism, Postmodernism, Philosophy, Hip-Hop, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Switchfoot, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Common, Mos Def, Life, The World I Experience, Pain, Happiness, Faith, Hope, Love .

Sounds Like
Life. Somewhere between Kanye West and Mat Kearney

Massmatics: Catholic Hip-Hop Volume 2


Sammy “Blaze” Argumaniz has been involved actively in ministry since high school.

He has 5 years full-time ministry experience and is entering his 4th year as a campus minister at Southern Methodist University Catholic Campus Ministry in Dallas, TX.

He previously served as a Youth Minister in Abilene, TX. He has been producing Catholic hip hop since 2004 and has released two albums with Phatmass / AfterMass Records. His first release, “The Meaning of Life” was named the 2008 Catholic Hip Hop album of the year by the UMCVA and produced a music video for “4 Marks” from Lifeteen.

In the fall of 2010 he completed his Masters in Theological Studies from the University of Dallas.


Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment