Monday, January 14, 2013

A letter from Dr. Gregory Thompson

My Dear Bishop Vasquez, and Mr. Maxfield,
First, I know that you do not know me, but I pray daily for our Shepherds to do what is right in God’s eyes, I pray for their protection from Satan, that they will stay humble, that they will stand for what is right, even if they stand alone.

This was what I had on a banner when I was Superintendent of Schools, “Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.” Isn’t that what Jesus did? Let us pray that the Holy Spirit will work through each of us, and that we can bear witness to the truth, like Jesus did, even to the point of death if necessary, out of love for the
Holy Trinity and for our brothers in Christ.

A priest once said, “Every Christian (Catholic) has the moral obligation to bear witness to the truth, “In season and out of season, convenient or inconvenient,” accepted or rejected. “I’m afraid that it has become more necessary than ever to remind ourselves of it.” Jesus lived this, bearing witness to the truth, and it is a necessary part of justice.

We can see in Proverbs how God felt about truth even in weights and measures. When we do not seek truth and give due process, we allow evil to work through people to do harm. Men are put in positions that can allow evil to win by saying nothing, or fear God and do what is right.

Proverbs 20: 9-10 states, 9 "Who can say: My heart is clean, I am pure from sin"? 10 "Diverse weights and diverse measures, both are abominable before God".

When we see so many people leaving the faith, and so much scandal within the Church the last few years, it continues to grieve me for my Lord and Savior when someone wears the name Catholic, and then does things that the Lord would never do. Yet we live in the world, and Satan has been roaming to destroy, divide, and devour anyone who is unashamed to lift up Jesus.

When I was Superintendent, like you, I could not do anything until someone made me aware of it, so I come to you as a servant for the Lord, to ask you to make things right, when you hear the whole story in context.

Donald Hartley was fired from his job at a Catholic Hospital in Killeen, Texas on Christmas day while working for someone else, and saying something about Christmas. Donald has been called the Catholic Defender for years while serving in the Army for over 26 years. He has brought in over 1,000 people into the Catholic faith, and has been given a gift to be a gentle giant to people in his demeanor, even as he is a Spiritual Servant Warrior for the Lord.

He has been influential in my walk and that of countless others. He is an apologist for the Catholic faith, and so kind to people, while also a great defender of Mary and the Eucharist.

When he has someone go against the Catholic faith, while he does stay loving and kind, it is like the other person brought a broken sling shot to a nuclear war in the way that he defends the fullness of truth in the Catholic faith.

Pray for the person that complained and the person that unjustly fired Don, because Satan must have hold of them, or they would never do something like impacting his family in a negative way, and on the day our Savior was born to Mary, for trying to bring Christ’s love to others.

Your Excellency and Max, have Don come in to speak with you, he is one of your sheep. This way, by having due process, you will know the truth, and see what an asset Don is, in fact, Bishop, I believe that if you were to speak with Don you would probably want to put him to work in the Diocese with his evangelistic and teaching gifts for the times we live in, to help people have an insatiable hunger to know their faith and to help bring back those that have fallen away because of ignorance of their faith.

Max, I just thought that you may not be Catholic, but let me tell you, that I do not believe that it is theoretically possible to have someone in Don’s position that cares about doing what is right and cares about people more than Don, I guess it is possible that you could have one that cares as much in both areas, but know that you have a rare jewel in Don that will honor God and honor you.

While I was Superintendent of Schools, I was president of 15 School districts, State Chairman of the Sportsmanship Committee, and on the State Performance Committee, and I tell you this only to let you know that I answered all correspondence addressed to me from students, parents, community, staff, other administrators, and the State. Please allow me a moment of your time to address this and make it right. I will await your reply. My love and prayers in Christ to your families.

In HIS Service through Mary,

Dr. Gregory Thompson

Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment