Thursday, January 17, 2013

36 years ago today

I was a 12 year old boy and, like today, the forecast was for a big snowstorm. When you are 12, big snowstorms are a big deal. So it was with this one.

It was a Monday and our school let out early because of the snow. When you were a 7th grader in 1977, that meant it was time to get the sled out. The big snow storm was preceded by a big ice storm and that meant that the fresh pack of snow lay on top of a fast track of ice beneath it.

....A very fast track.

The emt's that arrived at the scene estimate that I was traveling in excess of 50 miles per hour when I struck the pole. The loss of blood caused me to go into a coma and then grand mal seizures resulted from the head trauma.

I nearly died in the hospital....in the ambulance ride to Walter Reed....on the operating table. Doctors told my grieving parents they did not expect me to live through the night.

God spared me. 36 years ago today. I don't know why.

Thank you, Lord. Help me to help you save someone else.






Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment