Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Catholic Defender: Thankful Heart

With all the problems we run into from time to time, sometimes it is easy to let the environment dictate your happiness and life.

Within one week, I had a collection agency tell me that we owed $3,322 on an accident after our insurance paid the bill in full.

I was told that when I retired from the Army, I would be entitled to receive one month unemployment before my retirement kicked in. Well, the unemployment office is demanding I pay it back?

All I received was just the one month? The IRS is knocking at my door saying that we owe for 2004 and 2006 even though that was all paid in 2009?  They now say I own them in excess of $22,000 dollars? Can anyone out there have this same kind of problem?

The VA who is suppose to pay for my housing and books decided to not pay us so I could not make my morgage payment this month.

I've been taking classes without books because I have been living in overdraft the past 6 months.

On and on it goes, but despite what these events are trying to do to our way of life, they cannot have my soul.

My Faith must at least be the size of a mustard seed so that I can grow with the flow!

I have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful for my holy Catholic Faith that gives me hope when there is so much despair. I am thankful for my Mother who loved me enough to teach me the Catholic Faith.

I am thankful for our Grandchildren who are a delight to watch grow.

When you have so much to be thankful for, you just can't let the world kick you down.

I am thankful for all my children who are growing into mature adults and making something positive of their lives.

I am thankful for my wife, Gigi who has supported me when I was on a battlefield and loves me as her best friend.

I am thankful for deepertruth and all of the family that is part of it. For all the support we have received because our faith matters.

It is a condition of the heart. Zig Ziglar once said, "You will never get a head of others as long as you are trying to get even". There is some truth to that.

Yes there are times we must take a stand. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

This is a matter of health, you can bring your body down with all the anger and worry. So keeping a thankful heart offers a healing agent to the soul. I think when you help others, you find that your own burdens are eased.

Colossians 3:15-17 states, "And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Even in death, we have great hope because of our faith. We know that in eternity, this life is but a fleeting moment. Those who have gone on before us marked with the sign of faith are there pulling for us, praying for us. We have much to be thankful for!

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

Let is keep our minds and hearts open for the word of the Lord through his holy Catholic Faith. So often we take our problems to the Lord as well we should, he invites us to do so. But like the one leper who the Lord cured who came back to thank the Lord for his mercy, we too should go to Mass with thanksgiving for the many blessings we have received.

Home page DTB facebook Page You Tube Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment