Friday, May 11, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday.


--- 1 ---
Ok. So, I have seen the enemy and it is me.Why do I act so self destructive? I know I have diabetes, I know what I am supposed to do so why do I eat an entire sleeve of girl scout cookies? Why !? Why why why why why? Of all the people in the world who I know, I swear I am the hardest to figure out. I really cannot understand why I do the stupid things I do. There must be a reason! Do I really hate myself that much? Someone? Anyone?
--- 2 ---

Those of you who are still deluding yourselves into thinking that Barack Obama is going to be reelected (or that it is even going to be close) need to get a grip. Conservatives and Evangelicals and even Independents are coalescing around Mitt Romney. Romney's horse-race number is now 50% and Obama is polling 43%. In fact, in only 10 states is he polling above 50% and battleground Michigan is not one of them and California barely is.

If you know anything about polling, you will admit that for a Democrat incumbent with 100% name ID, these are really bad numbers.

I am no fan of Mitt Romney but, sooner or later, the Obamabots have to smell the coffee. The one is done and it is not going to be close. Romney is pulling away.

We are heading for a landslide the likes of which we haven't seen for decades.
--- 3 ---
A good friend reminded me of the power of forgiveness this week. Is it possible that some- not all, but some- of the traits we can't forgive are the ones that remind us just a bit too much of ourselves?


Or is it that we cannot forgive because we have been robbed of something we are destined to eventually lose anyway?


Maybe it is in our nature to want mercy for me but justice for thee. I guess forgiving is remembering our debt.

--- 4 ---
Do you ever find yourself wondering what people on the internet would think of you if they really knew you? I do that a lot. I find it strange that online I am considered by so many to either be some kind of sage or some kind of monster, while I don't even know my next door neighbors and cannot figure out how to have more than a 10 minute conversation with my own kids. In real life, I am really boring but online, some see me as larger than life. I cannot help but laugh in disbelief  No, really....if you knew me, you would yawn, I promise!

The other thing that gets me is the assumption by some that no one could possibly ever know what they are going through in their lives. People all have been through bad stuff. Trust us, we know!

Do we really have any control over what we project over the net or how it is received?
--- 5 ---
Rents are skyrocketing nationwide, up by 10% or more in many of the major markets. Now, as a renter, I am not allowed to take the tax deductions that home owners get but I cannot get a loan to buy a house either because the banks are not loaning. And why should they? The banks got billions in tax payer funded bailouts which has devalued my hard-earned dollars.

No worry for them. They don't have to expose that money to the risk that comes with a mortgage loan or to inflation. They simply pour it into commodities, driving up my food and gas and energy prices.

So, let me get this straight. As I renter, I must pay higher taxes to subsidize both homeowners and banks that wont lend money and in return for these higher taxes, I get higher food, gas and electricity costs too?

What a great country!
--- 6 ---
If you start a anti-homosexuality group online, you will immediately be branded a homophobe and banned. Anti-Islam? You Islamaphobe, you! No ant-Jewish or even anti-Zionist opinions are not allowed.

Why then does it seem that there is a new The Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon group on Face book seemingly every day? Especially when it isn't. The Bible makes it very clear that the city of Jerusalem is the Whore of Babylon.

Revelation 17:18

18 And the woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.”

Revelation 11:8

and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

Revelation 18:24

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints,
    and of all who have been slain on earth.”

Matthew 23:37

37  “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!

Luke 13:33

33 Nevertheless, I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following, for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.’

Why is only bigotry against Catholicism allowed?
--- 7 --- 

Seriously, I am no fan of green tea but it is supposed to be good for your metabolism. This Lipton Diet Green Tea isn't bad. This obviously means that when I read enough, I will find that I'm not allowed to have it.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!







Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment