Monday, March 19, 2012

*Best of DTB #159* The Catholic Defender: The Lord Is My Shepherd

Jesus was asked by his Apostles regarding a man born blind if this was because of his sin or his parents sin.

Jesus gives an incredible answer! He responds, "Neither he nor his parents sinned: it is so that the works of God might be made visible through him" (John 9:3).

Sometimes when I think of my problems and worries, I find that there are people with far worse crosses and challenges to endure.

I personally find it better when I help others than dwell to much on my own problems.

That is not always an easy thing because life can hit you where you live with a powerful impact. It can be life changing.

I'm looking at what Jesus is telling us through the man born blind, how many of us see our sufferings from the Lord's perspective?

That these events might be a means God wishes to make himself visible through them.

I have known people to grow away from God in their casting of blame on God.

Jesus gives us another important message in speaking to the cured blind man, "I came into this world for judgment, so that those who do not see might see, and those who do see might become blind" (John 9:39).

If you think you see, Jesus challenges us saying to the Pharisees, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you are saying, 'we see,' so your sin remains" (John 9:41).

This is why it is so important that we take self inventory often. We must be a humble follower of Christ.

Our boldness is in the Lord, not ourselves. Like the Blind Man, when we take the blinders off and the scales come off our eyes, like St. Paul, we can see.

Then Psalms 23 can take a new perspective: "The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me: you restore my strength. You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name. Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and your staff give me courage. You set a table before me as my enemies watch; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and love will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come."

The Lord established the Church which gives us cleansing and healing.

Like the blind man who was able to see the Lord, we too can recognize the Lord in our lives and know he is with us. "May those who have eyes, see"!








Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment