Friday, March 23, 2012

The Catholic Defender: Break Away

One of the great conversions to the Catholic Faith has to be St. Paul, there are literally millions, all of them important.

At the time of St. Paul, the Catholic Faith was being persecuted by St. Paul himself. He was formerly Saul of Tarsus, a leading young Pharisee who was bent on destroying this new sect called Christians.

His conversion is found in Acts 9:1-19, truly one of the most important of conversions as St. Paul would affect the future of society for ever.

Most of the New Testament was written by him. St. Paul wrote, "For through the law I died to the law, that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ; yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if justification comes through the law, the Christ died for nothing" (Galations 2:19-21).

Like St Paul and the Apostles of Our Lord, we are all called to pick up our cross and follow HIm. Sometimes we encounter many road blocks and obstacles to have to manuver through.

Like St. Paul, we too must break away from the lure that causes people to fall into darkness. We are called to love even our enemies, I think we would do well first by starting with our own families.


Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment