Friday, August 5, 2011

The Catholic Defender: Captain America

Tonight I had the opportunity to go and see the movie, "Captain America" and for about two hours I felt like I was entertained.

It took me back to a time when the good guys really were the good guys. I felt almost like a kid as I bought a large coke and a large tub of popcorn. This is one movie the Catholic Defender does not mind to promote.

I will not give the movie away for those of you who have not seen it yet, but I highly encourage you to see it. Even if your not big into action heroes, it is still a good movie.

The character who plays "Captain America" is a big hit with me, kind of reminds me of myself in my younger days!

Except I had to work real hard for what I got in terms of physical conditioning. I thought there was some good biblical support behind our hero in this movie.

One, he does not use foul language, he has never been with a woman, he was raised with a love for America, he displayed a lot of courage.

How can you beat a hero like this. He takes on the villains and keeps his sound moral judgement.

1 Thessalonians has a great verse for our character!

1 Thess 5:7-8 say, "Those who sleep go to sleep at night, and those who are drunk get drunk at night. But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation".

That's Captain America! Of course, we have to fill in the gaps that the movie does not portray. He has to have a rosary, has to be a practicing Catholic, has to stand up for those who are victimized by evil.

Yes, Captain America is a comic book character and the movie is a form of escape to our own fantasy. I am very happy that our hero truly was a good guy.

If and when you go see this movie, please respond here and encourage my cohost, John to go see this movie.

Since he has not taken in to Cheyenne, maybe Captain America might be able to move him!


Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment