Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Catholic Defender: Wait With Anticipation


"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior. For you I wait all the long day, because of your goodness, Lord. Remember your compassion and love, O Lord; for they are ages old. Remember no more the sins of my youth; remember me only in light of your love" (Psalm 26:5-7).
 
To "wait upon the Lord", we are called not to worry about the day when the Lord returns at the end of days, but rather; we are to wait for the Lords anointing to go to the world.
The Apostles asked our Lord, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel"?
That is an interesting question, we have people today trying to pinpoint that time of the end. Jesus response is most important,"It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has established by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusaelm, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth"(Acts 1:6-7). 
Jesus also said, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age" Matthew 28:18-20).
 
The Prophet Daniel saw this event in a vsion testifying, "One like a son of man coming, on the clouds of heaven; When he reached the Ancient One and was presented before him, He received dominion, glory, and kingship; nations and peoples of every language serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not be taken away, his kingship shall not be destroyed" (Daniel 7:13-14). 
This is really the advent of the Church and the beginning of the Papacy as Jesus then fulfills His promise, "And so I say to you, you are Peter (Kepa), and upon this rock (Kepa) I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 1618-19).
 
The Apostles are to wait for "the promise of the Father" that you will be "baptized with the Holy Spirit".
 
The Catholic Church is sent by Christ to bring the goodnews to the whole world. The Holy Spirit has been given and we have this great commission which fills our day with much anticipation. As we continue to Wait With Anticipation for the coming of the Messiah, let us not labor in vain, but may we find in the Lord his reward for being faithful to His call.


No comments:

Post a Comment