Saturday, May 14, 2011

*BEST OF DTB #88* The Catholic Defender: Guardian Angels

A Friend from YouTube sent me this story he relates when he was stationed at Fort Hood Texas.

On YouTube he is known as "TheChurchAuthentic".

He has recently come back home to the Catholic Faith! God is so good and merciful!

"Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:1-2).

The following is his story:


Oct 31, 2010
Just Passing Through A poncho-draped sentry at the Fort Hood East Gate waved me through with an OD flashlight. The wipers on my red '65 Mustang were working overtime as I peered through the night at my new surroundings. Assigned to 1/9 Cav Hq/Hq Co 1CavDiv, I was told to take the main road to the end. Half a mile down this road I came upon two hitchhikers, a common sight in 1973. The pair of lean soggy soldiers slipped into the small back seat. "Where to?" I asked.
"We'll tell you." one said.
I thought, maybe I picked these guys up so I could tell them about Jesus. I did a lot of that in those days, living with the Jesus People in Southern California prior to being drafted. I didn't always feel comfortable about "witnessing" as it was called, but had this compulsion to do so. I think it was guilt. Perhaps I was trying to pay Jesus back for what he had done for me. Or was I trying to sell Jesus? Anyway, it was awkward and scary. Oh well, here goes...
"Do you guys know Jesus? He's the one who died for you."
A quick shot in my rear view mirror and I noticed them glance at one another. Silence. The rain on the white rag top seemed awfully loud and I hoped we would arrive at their drop-off soon.
I thought, "Maybe I should shut up sometimes."



Coming to an intersection, I had the green light at 30 mph and suddenly I looked out my driver's side window to see a pair of headlights inches from my door approaching me at about 30, and this guy wasn't slowing down. Certain that we would be T-boned, I instinctively turned toward the passenger side and raised my left arm to shield my head. Suddenly, through the passenger window, I saw the taillights of this same car moving away from us at 30 mph. No time to brake, no time to swerve, no reason to slow down, I continued to drive.



The other driver ran a red light and I can't call the MPs because there was no accident. If there was, I wouldn't be calling anybody. One of the silent ones spoke up in a somber voice, "He should have hit you."
My heart was racing faster than a mustang's and I said, "Fellas, I think you just saw a miracle." More silence.
"You can drop us off at the next corner," said the other.
It's been 37 years since that rainy night in Texas and just recently I reflected on a New Testament passage in the 13th chapter of Hebrews, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
Hmm...


HOME PAGE
Blogtalkradio Show
You Tube Channel
Twitter Page
E-MAIL US

No comments:

Post a Comment