Friday, December 10, 2010

The Catholic Defender: The Last Day

This particular December is a Month that offers much reflection for me. It was 26 year ago that I would sign up for Military service.

Today is the last day that I will put on my uniform as I am to sign out of active duty this afternoon. I begin retirement leave on Monday.

As I cleared post this past few days, many people wished me a great retirement.

As I sit back now thinking about this I am reflecting on some of the important significant contributions I've seen in serving our Country.

I have personally always tried to serve with honor. Proud to be an American. This is the greatest Nation on the face of the earth.

Just during the time that I've been in the Army, the Cold War was ended. That is significant, President Ronald Reagan offered great leadership for our Country.

We had skirmishes in Panama, the Gulf War became a significant event not only for us, but for the whole world.

Islamic Terrorism resurfaced on the world scene and nobody alive could forget September 11, 2001. Most of us will forever remember that terrible day.

It certainly equates to December 7, 1941 in my book. President Bush offered great leadership in the aftermath of 9/11, I'll never forget his words at ground zero:

"I can hear you, the rest of the world hears you, and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon.”

Despite the liberal media's hatred of President Bush and the war efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq America has done much good liberating many millions of people offering hope for a better future.

By fostering peace and hope to these Nations, our hope is that this would diminish the voice of the Islamic Terrorist in this region of the world.

President Bush said that if you harbor terrorist, then you are a Terrorist. These countries have harbored Terrorist preparing for more attacks on America.

Peace through strength is the only true option for our Country and this requires leadership.

It's not the 60 year old Catholic Nuns nor the five year old grandson's from Birmingham Alabama who are the enemy. It is not the rank and file of Americans traveling across America needing to be groped and pictured with undue frisk and searches.

I believe that our emphasis is misdirected perhaps for political purposes. We need to be concentrating our efforts with those most likely to be a Terrorist.

Especially those entering across our borders illegally undeterred.

If we want to provide security, if anyone should be groped, it should be those very ones crossing the border carrying drugs, guns, violence for the Mexican drug cartels.

Our efforts are greatly misplaced in this matter.

Our Country has issues that we have to overcome, no question about it.

While I have been in the Army the culture war has been heating up.

The Homosexual movement made inroads in the Democratic Party and is well entrenched there now.

Despite the fact that Americans re-soundly oppose "gay marriage" they rely on Judicial activist legislating from the bench.

I leave the Army at a crucial time in our history.

I've certainly took a stand for the American flag as a minority of people want to redefine the Red, White, and Blue. Who want to redefine "family", to redefine the meaning of integrity.

I leave the Military with some serious issues that need tending to, but I leave with great hope in the American people to do the right things in correcting the flood sweeping across the great divide.

I have had a hand in teaching and preparing hundreds of Soldiers to take my place.

I leave the Army knowing that we are in good hands. I led a hundred Soldiers in battle many were young men in the beginning.

They returned as Army veterans, the best in the world.

I am comforted knowing that. The Culture war will continue as long as people across America allow it. What it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

That is so true. When a generation begins to tolerate change, that change becomes acceptable in the next. As Americans, we must be willing to clean house, to honor God first and to bring back his due justice and way of life.

Otherwise we risk losing the very freedoms our Country was founded upon. 2 Chronicles 7:14 is the only answer: "and if my people, upon whom my name has been pronounced, humble themselves and pray, and seek my presence and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and revive their land".

This brings back the purpose of this Christmas Season as the Lord's promise shines forth through the darkness. Christ the Lord, our newborn King is the reason for the season.

This is the greatest hope for America and if we were to take heart in this truth, what joy we have in knowing the future of our Country.

Let the spirit of Christmas be alive in our hearts throughout the year. Ask for God's help in distress and trust that his will be done in us as we live our lives each day.

Jesus will come again to judge the living and the day. May we look to that day with great joy and confidence. Then I can rest my mind on the fact that this is my last day to wear the American uniform. God bless America, and may we celebrate Christmas with great joy.





HOME PAGE
Blogtalkradio Show
You Tube Channel
Twitter Page
E-MAIL US

No comments:

Post a Comment